Drinking coffee is highly beneficial for your health. Here are some reasons why you should begin your day with the best espresso coffee.
- Handles pain – A study in the Journal of Pain shows that two cups of coffee can reduce post workout muscle pain by as much as 48%. So, fitness lovers and gym hitters, keep a brew of coffee by your side to drink after your workout or head out to the local coffee shop to unwind and relax your muscles.
- Protects liver health – An article published in Hepatology Journal shows that coffee has properties that protect your liver, as it lowers the liver enzyme levels in the body.
- Fights against Alzheimer’s – This post shows that coffee fights against the build-up of plague in the brain that is believed to cause Alzheimer’s. Studies have even been able to isolate the specific compounds that prevent this build-up.
- Reduces depression and thoughts of suicide – One of the biggest evils of our society is poor mental health. Specifically, depression is ruining the lives of many individuals across the world today. The good news though is that coffee reduces this depression and through it, reduces suicidal thoughts as well. A study published in Harvard School of Public Health showed that women who drink more than four cups of coffee a day are 20% less likely to suffer from bouts of depression.
- Decreases the chances of cancer – A study shows that even moderate consumption of coffee decreases the chances of developing colorectal cancer by 26%. Researchers at Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center found that people who consume one to three cups of coffee a day have a 29% less chance of suffering from liver cancer, a common cancer type.
- Longevity – Ancient people, especially from the lands of Greece and India, drank coffee everyday as they linked coffee to good heart health and longevity. Today’s scientists have come to understand that drinking coffee gives you protection against free radicals and reduces the onset of diseases early in life. This American study also shows that people who drink coffee tend to live longer than those who don’t.
If all these statistics and studies about coffee health is not enough, coffee just kicks up your metabolism and charges you for the day.
So, are you ready to head out to the local coffee shop for a cup of freshly ground and brewed coffee without any guilt?